First item on my to do list was re-installing the start batteries. Sitting in the dealers lot the two AGM Yellow Top Gel Cell batteries had been allowed to discharge to a state where I feared they may not come back. Luckily, by applying a slow charge for an extended period of time, they came right back up to full potential.
That done, I hit the starter button and was pleasantly surprised at how easy and fast the motor caught. In no time I had both the drive motor and the diesel generator purring away for the first time since last Oct. Yay..Big Time!
I had to unbolt and remove the front seats and partially disassemble the sofa. The center console had to be unbolted too.
I spent a couple hours pulling staples out of the floor, and used that small remaining piece of old carpet under the steering wheel as a pattern to precut the new carpet before I installed it, it was a long hard day's work but there was plenty of satisfaction that I took the time to do it right.
Now to get that pink swivel recliner out of there, paint the walls a light spring green, and bring in the electric fireplace that will be going on that nice empty passenger wall.